- Norman Jewison said he cast James Caan as Jonathan E, the champion Rollerball player, after seeing him play Brian Piccolo, the real-life Chicago Bears running back in Brian's Song (1971)
- According to the author, William Harrison, Rollerball was inspired by an Arkansas Razorback basketball in Barnhill Arena during the era of coach Eddie Sutton.
- The game of Rollerball was so realistic the cast, extras, and stunt personnel played it between takes on the set.
- There was only one "Rollerball" rink. It was redressed to appear as different cities.
- During the Tokyo-Houston game, the Tokyo fans are chanting "Ganbare Tokyo!", which translates into "Let's Go Tokyo!"
- Contrary to rumors, no one died during the filming of any of the stunts.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute