- The budget was the then astronomic sum of $9,500,000 ($1,000,000 of of which was spent by Ken Adam in his crater set). The crater set was so large that crew members kept misreading Adam's dimensions as being in feet when they were support to be meters.
- For the first time the story of a 007 film bears little resemblance to the novel it is based on.
- The face of Ernst Blofeld is revealed for the first time.
- The female leads Mie Hama and Akiko Wakabayashi both appeared in Kingukongu tai Gojira (1962).
- Whilst in Japan, Sean Connery and his wife are hounded by the international press. During news conferences the press insisted on referring to Connery as James Bond. The last straw comes when local newsmen attempted to photograph him in a rest room. To ease the tension the producers remove his contractual obligation to do one more 007 movie, despite being offered $1 million.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute