- Disney recalled 3.4 million copies of the home video release after discovering two photographs of a nude women among the film's more than 110,000 frames. A Disney spokeswoman said that the pictures had been laid over the original cels of the film when it was produced in the mid-70's.
- Evinrude the Dragonfly, who pushes a small boat in the film, is named after a manufacturer of outboard boat motors.
- Early in development the character of Cruella Devil was to be the films villain not Medusa. There are similarities between the two characters.
- The film was one of the last Disney classics to be animated by members of Walt Disney's "nine old men".
- Bernard (Bob Newhart) complains several times that he hates flying. One of Newhart's comedy routines was called, "The Mrs. Grace L. Ferguson Airline (And Storm Door Company)", wherein he explains why he hates to fly.
- Snoops is a caricature of film historian John Culhane, who made regular visits to the Disney studio during production and was nicknamed "Mr. Snoops" by the animators.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute