- Art direction for this movie was inspired by Russian folk art.
- In both Sleeping Beauty (1959) and Cinderella (1950), the main character's friends surprise her with a new dress, calling out "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Happy birthday!"
- Live actors in costume served as models for the animators. The role of Prince Phillip was modeled by Ed Kemmer, who had played Commander Buzz Corry on television's "Space Patrol" (1951) five years before "Sleeping Beauty" was released. For the final battle sequence Kemmer was photographed on a wooden buck. All the live actors' performances were later screened for the animators' reference.
- Disney Studios has no record as to who provided the voice for the queen, Briar Rose's mother.
- The first Disney animated feature to be created for the 70mm format.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute